Tutorial #27: Updating Dragon Medical
It is important to regularly update Dragon Medical to ensure peak performance. This video takes you through the steps of running an update, which you will be prompted to do when opening Dragon.
DRAGON QUICK GUIDE
Updating Dragon Medical
Keeping Dragon up to date is vital to ensuring it performs at its highest level. This guide will take you through the process of updating Dragon when a new update is released.
- Launch Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2, if it isn't already open, by double clicking the desktop icon, clicking the icon on the taskbar if present, or by simply opening the start menu in windows and typing in "Dragon Medical Practice Edition," and then pressing enter
- Once Dragon opens, either select a profile to load or, if you have only one profile, wait for Dragon to load your profile
- When Dragon is finished loading, click "Help" on the Dragon Bar, scroll down to and select "Check for Updates," and click yes when asked if you would like to allow Dragon Manager to make changes
- When the software manager opens, it will automatically start searching for any new software updates that may be available. If it finds an available update, it will show up and you will have the option to install the update. If it does not find an update, that means that your software is up to date and there is no need for you to update your software!
- If it does find an update, click "Install" on the lower right hand corner of the software manager window
- The software manager will then download and install the update and apply it to your software. When it no longer detects an update, you can close the software manager by clicking on the red X at the upper right hand corner of the window
Dragon will now be fully up to date and running at its optimal level. After a fresh install, Dragon may have more than one update to complete before you are fully up to date.