Tutorial #4: Training Words in Dragon Medical
This video covers how to train words within Dragon Medical, a task that is occasionally necessary due to individual pronunciations or newly added words.
DRAGON QUICK GUIDE
Training Words in the Vocabulary
While Dragon Medical is incredibly good at recognizing words, sometimes, because of the similarity of the words or a unique pronunciation, Dragon may need bit of extra help to recognize the word accurately. The following guide will help you to train those words.
- Launch Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2, if it isn't already open, by double clicking the desktop icon, clicking the icon on the taskbar if present, or by simply opening the start menu in windows and typing in "Dragon Medical Practice Edition," and then pressing enter
- Once Dragon opens, either select a profile to load or, if you have only one profile, wait for Dragon to load your profile
- Once Dragon is open, navigate to and click on "Vocabulary" on the Dragon Bar
- Scroll down the list until you see the option "Vocabulary Editor" and click on it
- Once the vocabulary editor is open, either scroll down the list to locate the word you are wanting to train or type the word into the "Written As" box to automatically search the vocabulary for the written word. Once located, click on the word in the list
- Next, click the "Train" button on the right-hand side of the vocabulary manager
- The train window will appear. When you are ready, click on the "Go" button and then speak the word you are trying to train into the microphone
- Repeat step 7 three to five times to ensure accuracy
- When finished, click "Done" with your cursor or say “Click Done” into your mic