Tutorial #1: Installing Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2
This brief tutorial goes over the steps you need to follow to properly install the Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 software on your desired devices.
DRAGON QUICK GUIDE
Installing Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2
Congratulations on your purchase of Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2!
The first step to getting your software up and running is to install the Dragon Medical software on the device(s) of your choice (hint: you can install it on up to four devices, including your server). Once you choose your device(s), follow the steps below to ensure a flawless setup so Dragon can start saving you time and money!
- Download the Dragon Medical software file
a. Using the disk mailed to you: insert the disk in your devices’ disk drive
b. Using the digital download link emailed to you: click the link – the file will be in .zip format, just double click the file and it will typically be downloaded to your desktop downloads file, or wherever you have specified downloaded items to go
- Open the software file
a. Using the disk: select “Open to view files” when prompted or open file explorer, right click the CD drive, and click “Open”
b. Using the digital download link: go to your ‘downloads’ folder and right click the downloaded software and select “Open”
- Once the file is open, locate “setup” or “setup.exe” (ensure that the word ‘Application’ appears beside it as there are multiple items listed as ‘setup’)
- When the setup launcher opens, click “next” to read the license agreement, you must then click “I accept…”, then “next” to proceed
- Fill in required information, including the serial number that is found on the sleeve of your CD and in the email sent to you with your download link, then click “next”
- Choose where you would like to install the Dragon Medical software (normally there is a default option that we usually recommend you use), select “typical/complete,” and click “next”
- Click “Install” and follow the onscreen instructions, the software will then be installed on your device
- When the install is successfully complete ensure that the “check for updates when setup is finished” option is selected and click “finish”
- The product registration window will then appear – you can choose to register your product now online or to register it at a later date (we typically recommend registering it now unless circumstances prevent it)
- Once your product is registered you can start using your new Dragon Medical software, simply click on the Dragon Medical icon (typically appears on your desktop) and click “activate” when prompted, you are now ready to setup your profile and get to work
- Once registered you can activate your software by clicking on the Dragon Medical icon (typically appears on your desktop) and clicking “activate” when prompted
Congratulations on completing the first step of your Dragon Medical setup! You are well on your way to saving yourself time and money!