Tutorial #6: Deleting Words from the Vocabulary
In certain rare situations, Dragon Medical may be unable to distinguish between two words and further steps need to be taken. This tutorial teaches you how to approach one of those situations.
DRAGON QUICK GUIDE
Deleting Words from the Vocabulary
While Dragon Medical is generally very accurate, sometimes it can get caught up incorrectly selecting a word and, despite repeated training of the correct word, will not resolve itself. Thankfully if you ever do find yourself in a situation like that there is a solution, deleting the incorrect word. The following guide walks you through it.
- Launch Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2, if it isn't already open, by double clicking the desktop icon, clicking the icon on the taskbar if present, or by simply opening the start menu in windows and typing in "Dragon Medical Practice Edition," and then pressing enter
- Once Dragon opens, either select a profile to load or, if you have only one profile, wait for Dragon to load your profile
- Once Dragon has finished loading, navigate to and click on "Vocabulary" on the Dragon Bar
- From there, scroll down the list until you see the option "Vocabulary Manager" and then click on it
- Once the vocabulary editor is open, either scroll down the list to locate the word you are wanting to delete or type the word into the "Written As" box to automatically search the vocabulary for the written word. Once located, click on the word in the list
- Once you locate the chosen word in the list, click on "Delete" and then confirm your deletion when asked