Tutorial #20: Adding a Dictation Source
This video shows you how to add a second dictation source to your Dragon Medical profile. This will allow you to use multiple different devices, such as your PowerMic and a headset, to dictate.
DRAGON QUICK GUIDE
Adding a Dictation Source
If you are going to be using your profile on two separate computers and will be leaving the same microphone at each computer or if you plan to use multiple different dictation devices, you will need to add a second dictation source to your profile. You will also need to add a second source if you get a new microphone. To add a new dictation source:
- Launch Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2, if it isn't already open, by double clicking the desktop icon, clicking the icon on the taskbar if present, or by simply opening the start menu in windows and typing in "Dragon Medical Practice Edition," and then pressing enter
- Once Dragon opens, either select a profile to load or, if you have only one profile, wait for Dragon to load your profile
- Once the profile is loaded, click on "Profile" in the Dragon Bar then click on "Add dictation source to current user profile"
- Using the drop-down menu, select the Mic/Dictation source that you would like to add. When the Mic Setup window appears, click next
- When ready, click "Start Volume Check" and then begin reading aloud into your mic the paragraph that begins with "While you are reading this..." And keep reading until the software makes a tone/beep, and then click next
- Just like the previous step, click "Start Quality Check" and then begin reading aloud the paragraph that begins with "For Dragon to recognize your voice accurately..." Until the software gives you a tone/beep, and then click "Next"
- Wait for the process to complete... That's it! Your profile will be updated and the dictation source will be added