Tutorial #8: Setting Up Acronyms and Abbreviations
Depending on your workflow or common practices, you may have specific and acronyms and abbreviations that you use in your charting. The following tutorial will teach you how to set them up.
DRAGON QUICK GUIDE
Setting Up Acronyms in the Vocabulary
Depending on your current workflow and common practices within your clinic you may use certain acronyms and abbreviations that are not common practice. Thankfully Dragon Medical allows you to integrate them fully!
- Launch Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2, if it isn't already open, by double clicking the desktop icon, clicking the icon on the taskbar if present, or by simply opening the start menu in windows and typing in "Dragon Medical Practice Edition," and then pressing enter
- Once Dragon opens, either select a profile to load or, if you have only one profile, wait for Dragon to load your profile
- Once Dragon has finished loading, navigate to and click on "Vocabulary" on the Dragon Bar
- From there, scroll down the list until you see the option "Add new word or phrase" and then click on it
- Once the dialog box has opened, type the acronym into the "Spell or type…" box
- Then, type in the word or words you would like to abbreviate into the "Spoken Form" box
- Once finished, simply click on the "Add" button on the lower right side of the vocabulary manager. This will make it so that whenever you speak the "Spoken Form" word or words, the software will type the "Spelled as…" text
- Once the Train window is open, click on "Go" and then speak the word you just added into the mic. Repeat this step 3-5 times and then click "Done"